Hello friends!
Can you believe it's almost mid-June? That means we'll be leaving for BAyUP in just several days! As an ASC (associate site coordinator), I'll be leaving a few days before Dillon and Justin do. Please pray for my time with the rest of the staff!
Since I have never gone on an urban project with InterVarsity, this will be really exciting for me. I can't wait to see how God works this summer as He teaches me more about His heart for the urban poor and for justice.
Some information you might need to know as you pray for us this summer:
1) I will not be able to be contacted by phone! This means if you really must reach me, you'll need to send me an e-mail or if you must call, keep in mind that I won't be able to check my phone until the week is over. We are allowed 1 hour of phone and 1 hour of internet a week, where I will make calls if I need to and check e-mail, update this blog, etc.
2) My team consists of 2 other students from St. Mary's College, one student from UN Reno, and my 2 guys from SJSU. My co-leader is a fellow IV staff worker from St. Mary's College.
3) We will be working with CityTeam Ministries in West Oakland. We will be living on site. For more information about CityTeam, please check their website at www.cityteam.org
4) MOST IMPORTANT: Visitor Day is July 12th so please keep that day open so you may come visit us if you'd like! We'll keep you posted with more information.
As BAyUP starts, we'll definitely keep you posted at this blog about what we will be doing, who we work with, what God teaches us through it, etc. Pray for our safety and our team dynamics!
God bless,
Peggy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment